And then…


In the spirit of one step forwards and then two steps back, my surgery has now been delayed until October 2nd. The delay reflects the inability to find an available operating room during the daytime hours needed for this surgery given the complexities of the tumor harvest team and transporting the live tumor and on and on. This raises questions of a.  insurance as we enter a new month and b.  Mm ability to wait another 2+ weeks off chemo.

Solutions will be found, whether they will be elegant remains to be seem.

Trying to stay optimistic can get hard.  xo  marcy


About marcy westerling

I am a long time community organizer with a passion for justice and founded the Rural Organizing Project in 1992. Derailed by a Stage IV Ovarian Cancer diagnosis in spring 2010, I have stayed in treatment since then. I am learning how to embrace livingly dying and hope that by starting a Phase One immunology clinical trial at UPenn in spring of 2013 I will have more time to find the sweet spots of thriving while terminally ill.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s